Re: [CBQ] Vertical Bug

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Vertical Bug
From: "Ken Vandevoort via Groups.Io" <apo09324=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 21:28:57 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
This one has one mounting hole on the left side.  It is heavy, but a normal Vibroplex may be heavier.   If it had a cord and wedge with it, I would have tried it.  I have never used a Vibroplex.  Closest thing I have is a Heathkit electronic keyer that I built.

One thing I learned is that there are a couple of generations out there that have never heard morse, let alone know what train orders are and how hoops were used.  I was happy to demonstrate.

We had a museum program last year done by a lady who was a little girl when her grandmother was the Burlington agent at Pilot Grove.  Part of the deal of moving the depot to New London was that the Pilot Grove sign had to remain on the depot.  It was cold Saturday night and I wish the two pot belly stoves were not ornamental.

Ken Vandevoort
WA0KYT
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#58579) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic