Re: [CBQ] Vertical Bug

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Vertical Bug
From: "Ed Pavlovic" <cbq168a@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 22:31:01 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have a J. Bunnell straight key that is stamped for the Q but it is the type
that is mounted by drilling holes on the desktop, the washers and nuts go on
the underside of the desk.  I acquired the key but was unable to get the
sounder that was from the same station.

Knowing the frugal Q, I'm sure that's probably all that was provided by the
company for the telegraph operator to use.  A lot of telegraphers would bring
their own keys or bugs to use while at work, individuals have their own way of
adjusting the key action to their liking.

Personal keys would have a cord with a "wedge" on the end that could be
inserted between the contacts by the shorting bar so you didn't have to move
any wires between keys.

I will admit that I wasn't aware of a vertical bug until this thread.

Ed Pavlovic
KC9MMM