Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Archives Question

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Archives Question
From: "Richard Wilkens" <railsnw123@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 09:38:15 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Hi Charlie,

Thank you very much for the great overview of what is out there. The reason I ask is that I'm the Archivist with the Spokane, Portland & Seattle Railway Historical Society who has our collection at the Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive in Burien, WA. The collection we have consists of two main components, the Chief Engineer Files and Executive Department files. In the engineer files these are filed by location and by the subject and we have a vast majority of the files for the SP&S and it's subsidiaries and these range from the beginning of the railway to the early years of the BN.

It seems like we are an anomaly as most archives have the usual timetables, photographs, etc. Also the NP & GN societies have quite a bit of materials such as AFE's, drawings, etc. and since the CB&Q was a "Hill Road" I was just curious if similar materials had been saved but the two fires help to explain the lack of certain items. The SP&S suffered a similar loss in the mid 60's but what was lost isn't known.

Thanks again for your help.

Richard Wilkens
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#57791) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic