[CBQ] Sugar industry book

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Sugar industry book
From: oth@prairieweb.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 15:22:39 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Anyone with information,
    I’m working on the Holly/Torrington chapter for my Sugar Industry book circa 1925. I find repeated references in the newspaper articles to a new railroad bridge planned over the North Platte to connect the Burlington & the Union Pacific to serve the factory at Torrington. It appears it was never built. Do you have any idea how the Burlington moved the beets from the beet dumps at Torrington, Vaughn, Lingle and Barnes (all west of Torrington on the CB&Q) to the factory on the south side of the river with no CB&Q/UP rail connections closer than Bridgeport, NE?  Any help or leads appreciated. Thanks,
Larry Gibbs
Gering
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#57556) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic