[CBQ] Non-Brass HO scale model of CB&Q 2-8-2 4960

To: cbq@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Non-Brass HO scale model of CB&Q 2-8-2 4960
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 22:42:16 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
November 21, 2018

Hol - Bill Barber has Emailed about my following comment on the steam escaping from underneath the rear of 5503's tender.  I had suggested the leak was from a steam line to provide heat to passenger trains in the winter.  Bill wonders if instead the steam was venting from the tender's oil cistern filled with heated Bunker C fuel oil?

Bill is of the opinion that Q steam freight power (such as the Class O4's) were not fitted with steam lines for passenger service.  I guess one exception would've been the Class O5 4-8-4 types that were dual purpose for both freight and passenger service, plus, of course fan trip favorite Class O1A 4960. Could you please better inform us on this subject?  Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL