Re: [CBQ] ITD & FTD.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] ITD & FTD.
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 20:46:35 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rupert. I'll answer your question .Since I started the thread after Leo mentioned FTD and I added ITD

FTD stands for Final Terminal Delay..It provided, at least here in Lincoln that if you were delayed something like more than 30 minutes from the time you arrived at the Yard Limit Board until you "tied up"..You got to claim an additional one hour's pay.  ITD..provided that if you didn't get out of the yard after some arbitrary amount of time..I think it was something like 1/12 hours after you went on duty you could claim an extra hour and a half pay.

Those times probably varied from terminal to to terminal depending on the "local agreement" in effect.

You didn't get ITD very often, but FTD would depend on how much your engineer "fiddled and piddled" after cutting off your train to the tie up point..Case in point...I think it was a Saturday afternoon and I came down from Hastings on one of the "hotshots"..We cut off the train and the engineer took off "like a Rocket down the "engine tie up track"...he was in a hurry to get to a wedding...As we headed in on the roundhouse track he said to me..."SORRY I COULDN'T  GET THE HOUR FOR YA KID"..but next time "I have ya I'll be sure to get it for ya".

I suspect that it was "pretty much" the same at all the terminals.

Pete