Re: Re: [CBQ] Class O-5-LNG

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: [CBQ] Class O-5-LNG
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:46:52 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1510940817; bh=QvoZ4zZr9Q2W6XHlyj1qxqXt/k67kc/DYXp9F4Mi25k=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Nj4bQFRjLGUAxqVqMzzCBFVVsUVn0/mnJgsA7A4NPekvxH5FKc+imlThGMIppaWh6J5aFC6E6r5XcRKvTbFmDVzsaWvUG900nLqNTTdYbtwMaKZROuiH0gafuznipyiFoKX1lbpDqDLXiAtJTFqok61o3dAwg+XxX3HLLHQfPug=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

November 17, 2017

Group - Some time ago, we had a thread about a project that never materialized concerning the Q adding additional O-5-A's equipped with "long range" M-4-A type tenders.  One member, as I recall, even PhotoShopped a M-4-A tender onto an O-5-B to show what such an arrangement might've looked like.

Let's say a series of O-5-LNG locomotives had really been constructed.  I would assume the 4-8-4 locomotive itself would've looked pretty much the same. However, the tender with its "gas bottle" and piping would've certainly looked much different from a conventional coal tender.

Can a member with PhotoShop skills and good engineering imagination show us what such a LNG tender might've looked like?  I'd speculate such a tender would've been long range with added water capacity, but not exceeding the length of the 2-10-4 tender so the O-5-LNG could fit on system turntables.

I do not have an engineering degree nor are my math skills up to speed, but it'd be interesting for someone so educated to calculate how much LNG would be required to run an O-5-LNG from Cicero to Galesburg and if that amount could be carried in a gas bottle within the tender. Comments appreciated - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL