Re: [CBQ] R.L. Moore Sr. ?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] R.L. Moore Sr. ?
From: "Daryl Mundis daryl.mundis@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 13:41:19 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1498133225; bh=4Xf+1U91rKVGlFZw2/KA+JhNaGMB/eIFpQrla7t2kSE=; h=In-Reply-To:References:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=yHk3p8JpOR1IDVI4gZJW3PgrnGyvasW/ND576mrlAxhiz6YkDUpwOWN39P9aAoCRZTDe1H2awh8YzhcD5VVQw0Ehpx5GUewmhCDqawjUSofn5omi5QgusJJRVqq/7JrZSnirk4KkDhFJL8OStnupzCFJDrGTfuSYFDs3mGlSU6A=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I would like to add my two-cents worth in support of everything that has been written on this topic.  I would also like to extend it a little bit, however.  We all have interesting stories to tell about our memories of railroading in the past.  At 53, I am not quite an old-timer (unless you ask my kids, of course...)  But think about this:  I was 7 years old when the Q disappeared and 8 when Amtrak came along.  I never rode an intercity passenger train that was NOT Amtrak.  Growing up in North Platte, NE, I remember driving over the Jeffers St viaduct on my way to Little League games and I saw the UP City trains lingering at the old North Platte Depot, but that was as close I ever got to pre-Amtrak passenger service.  My first train ride was from Denver to McCook in 1978--at least I was in Heritage equipment and rode in a former Q dome coach.  We are at the point where anyone who ever rode on--and can have meaningful memories of riding on--a pre-Amtrak passenger train is in his or her 50s.  So please, everyone: share your stories, write them down, record them.  Let's not lose our links to the past.

Regards,
Daryl
Ex-pat railfan living in the Netherlands