[CBQ] Another excellent talk tonight by Leo

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Another excellent talk tonight by Leo
From: "jon_habegger@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2017 03:05:47 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thank you Leo for a great talk this evening (March 23rd) at Waubonsee's downtown Aurora campus.   My wife, our neighbor, and I enjoyed the evening.

Our neighbor enjoyed hearing about Aurora back in the 30s and 40s.  She has told us stories about her father driving sheep from the Burlington siding in Big Rock, Illinois to their farm about 2 miles away.  When asked if their sheep came from Montgomery, she told us she was not sure and wished she had asked questions back then.

She also has told us of going trackside in Big Rock to watch the new Zephyr come through with her elementary school class.  Obviously this must have been the Twin Cities Zephyr.

This was a very enjoyable evening.
Jon Habegger

Posted by: jon_habegger@sbcglobal.net