[CBQ] Re: Airbrush question

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Airbrush question
From: "jzook@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2017 08:40:42 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1488098503; bh=YS8rOP/96aSVj7HY7xR8PuN+pG8ZTOaf0iTS5ihh6YM=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=TmbzA6085fIslm7LTDmSJp1MZBeVvyrChk8/80quXDpSOGzEKLrAOBEiilC7uoAa8Eks7CPdWxjAkZruNMMOYUPUZ6fMG0zVGcw2sRx3TFDjsL3XmKkHOQIPYM2TkTRZmAGx6xaw8oFMkTDxWsADxwDXKugS1IsTVNi+T2vV04g=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hi Don,

I own a Binks Wren single action airbrush and a Badger 150 dual-action airbrush.  Both are excellent airbrushes, in my opinion.  I find the Badger is definitely a higher maintenance airbrush, and requires disassembly and thorough cleaning after each painting session.  I mostly use it for fine detail painting.  One thing I like about the Badger is the ability to change out the needles and tips to adjust how fine the paint spread is.  On the flip side, I use my Binks airbrush for about 90% of my painting, and it's a trusted friend.

I have friends who own Paasche and Iwata airbrushes, and they're like them very much.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of these brands.  They're all high quality.  The bigger question is do you want a single action or dual-action air brush?  Along with that, do you want a gravity fed or siphon fed unit?  I prefer the siphon fed airbrushes because I find it easier to mix paint in a bottle and then connect it right up to the air brush.  Again, though, this is very much personal preference.  Another consideration is simply how well the airbrush feels in your hand.  I'd suggest finding each brand and just holding it in your hand to see what feels most comfortable and a natural extension of your hand.

Best of luck in your search.  Take care,

Jon

Posted by: jzook@comcast.net