Re: [CBQ] Re: 1952 flooding

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: 1952 flooding
From: "Mark Sellars sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 21:24:49 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1485897891; bh=62E3SBnvniE/x824lCRzC6H4kAa1T1H11G3th+79uF4=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=pbZAdtlPZA11gtDbguF9KeJ2YIkRlV5ymYkj+/yq8/47ddiaD+MWvABcgIwV2nXrheeFLNY/0Vhre6nfOfIlIb4HYmjTDNR+OKmOFjxVr9KiWoP0B3LXozHJeX+PL1k6DCU+O73VA5Uevb2NRiGr1dGkFRc6NKDgL0+HwSGdAhk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Greetings everyone,

Hol. Wagner greatly exaggerates my knowledge of railroading in Colorado.
I am much indebted to real historians such as Hol.
Living in Australia puts me at a distinct disadvantage in accessing primary records.
Otto Perry took at least one still image of the Chief (I think) early morning east of Denver in July 1951.
At least one video, "Otto Perry's Santa Fe", shows remarkable images of the flooding (location ?) as well as trains over the Joint Line.
I think the original 16mm movies are held by the Rocky Mountain Rail Road Club.
Otto Perry was not only a great photographer, but noted details such as when, where he took his images.

The above is from my aged memory; I will confirm my guesses later.

Mark Sellars