Re: [CBQ] Weed Sprayer [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Weed Sprayer [1 Attachment]
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 16:21:36 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from LZadnichek@aol.com included below]

January 25, 2017

Jeff and Ken - Here's an inserted and attached image that may answer your questions:

It shows CB&Q weed sprayer No. 211581 at Chadwick, IL, on August 17, 1964. Looks like the car was painted box car red. Today, the EPA would immediately send this train to the RIP track for being environmentally incorrect what with it's open viewing windows and underframe dripping weed killer.

But, in it's less environmentally sensitive era, I bet No. 211581 was very efficient in killing weeds. I don't know what kind of poison was used, but I remember it smelled awful, particularly after a rain. May be Leo or another Group member can share their memories of working on a weed killer train. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL