RE: [CBQ] FW: Antique 1 6 Plate Tintype Photo CB Q Railroad RR Train Eng

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] FW: Antique 1 6 Plate Tintype Photo CB Q Railroad RR Train Engine Locomotive
From: "'Rupert & Maureen' gamlenz@ihug.co.nz [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 07:53:08 +1200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1473537196; bh=+hjLdLjbpyRKNlf2iikBO1uln81Va6/CvrdjCFbYHVY=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=TsagY/qZeqSdl+K1ul3NNuQVLNvcWfnDqlUkKOOloCGP+On0bGhysJtvg8zhCqr4UewF9UfHC25NTxjgtlJq3RACFwPK0ajJIxWXLLRvMOAGusrZtaj4mu42/u70ahmkOJuLwhSYXi0A6oXlNsmWjxa5u8u5nQbt2bWgY5YoUNA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Randy

Thanks for this. It certainly looks like “275” on the dome just in front of the cab.

275 wasn’t listed in Corbin’s Steam Locos book so presumably it left the roster by 1898, but I’ve found a 275 in another roster compiled by John Wilde. Digging into the roster, it was apparently built in 1882 by “PGH” and is listed as an A-2. Other 4-4-0’s by the same builder in the group are 267, 268 and 277. “PGH” is also shown as the builder of D-3 #3000, which was Pittsburgh Loco Works.

Would hand hewn ties have been used for quarry or other temporary spurs?

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ