Re: [CBQ] Burlington Diner In Chicago

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington Diner In Chicago
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 13:43:47 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1460054631; bh=tormF/lKJoU8EZO3lNB+XgY79xceHppXBnDXiurEiww=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=s9wg7bLjg5RSMeBWmY/hF2Bm2Z9MnauPxhj2mlsWr3/cSue2D6aS3I/bj4DJ6IFOnZsXAouVJ/tRg94WOrkFyHNCJHmngdbdWfyzcSSTlkIwXf+I2m9zh0+5Ji6YmPiyBfnMG2RhfND+PILoLadIPUvtixAnUinmufEk8031bFU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

To add to Dennis' comments about the Zephyr diner at 14th st coach yard.
It was the spot for breakfast after backing a commuter train to the coach yard for the brakeman
And engine crew. The mechanical dept guys also frequented the place. The bus stopped right in
Front of the door so it was a quick yard back to CUS if you're had a job "uptown" to get to.
For those dead heads going back to Aurora the westbound 8:30(or thereabouts,depending on time period) stopped at the cross work between A,B and C yards for the ride back to Aurora,etc .

The food was typical of any diner. The staff never lacked for a morning paper as most of the
trainmen made one or more part of the tip they left.

Leo Phillipp