[CBQ] Track arrangement in Prairie du Chien circa 1967 [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Track arrangement in Prairie du Chien circa 1967 [1 Attachment]
From: "minotrrman@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2016 13:01:07 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from minotrrman@yahoo.com [CBQ] included below]

Hello all,

I am a resident of Platteville, WI, who grew up traveling through Prairie du Chien with my parents on family vacations to the Twin Cities.  Combined with trips on the pre-Amtrak Empire Builder to visit grandparents in eastern WA, this experience cemented my interest in trains.  Now I am constructing an HO layout representing PdC at the time of the CBQ to BN transition.

A visit to the PdC library put me in contact with its director, Nancy K. Ashmore.  She responded to my inquiry about maps showing CBQ/BN trackage in 1970 with these words:

I am not finding anything in our records - although I did find a lovely map of a community plan developed in 1967, most of which obviously never happened.   It does show multiple sidings on St. Feriole Island, but no indication of an actual depot, and I don't know if it indicates where the track actually went, or proposed changes to the track layout.

I have attached the community plan PDF to this message.  It shows the CBQ trackage (as well as the MILW on St. Feriole Island).  I would be grateful for any feedback on the accuracy of the CBQ tracks as drawn.  In particular, the wye track north of the depot caught my eye.

Regards,

Karland Kilian

Attachment(s) from minotrrman@yahoo.com [CBQ] | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)