Re: [CBQ] Early Railroads...

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Early Railroads...
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 03:30:32 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1452828634; bh=9c/1Qa0NLnDATDh6NE+n7ZNcOIKrYIzVIIAC8xT3HHQ=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=gVTWDi5DmGYHa7QYxFavZCsjszKKoi+0Fvwh6OW2zrrP9sXhCTJNUYJC6W2Fxo4BFJPxFb+envWSVXQBWQ4edUXu5mOhMlT6NiSMpeDtRSnlQHL53FMzujx2hLJkoe84sKnmFUWmEzS+cscjDxB1MQBmHqtNNmZoq6RRBtHnTe0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Jan
In a lot of my reading receiver ships and or bankruptcies were caused by lack of credit and or bank loans and the lack of good business policies by some companies.  Not just railroads but most other.  IF a company was owed money and did not get payment or did not like the way the owing company was being run they would apply to the court and get a receiver appointed or even be come the receiver them self. Another reason may have been to get a line built with out much loss and if it did not pay off let it fail IF it became a success take it over and add the track and income to your own with no risk.
Steve in SC