Re: [CBQ] Re: Gravel Pit

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Gravel Pit
From: "k.hejl@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2015 16:22:41 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1450657362; bh=7KZlFuNyrb31LfqA9pbwswAcMlZ8ps5HZ1mUzhZWQ1k=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=SiAiNmjIjGhIH3ne7Hpr5PL7ILppcm1zLHiFZfT+XQbrPIQxTveOruY5zJkbQ62hXSck8LaeR2FzFtpZ3GVrvVqm+uf1fDo0c6DwxHRbQ8/mk3GlUQySexGs+g7mCaQEdiO1ixkM0dXwqkiiAnofPimf8UXl/j9ZfiGz1F1q6X0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

The line crossed I55 just south of Lockport/ Airport Road at I55 milepost 259 3/4. Just went over it today. Looking east, it is on the very south edge of the new houses. A mowed grass area where they put up high power lines. Looking west it is a tree line that heads into the Lake Renwick Preserve. It was active through the 70's. You can no longer look to the east from I55 because they put up one of those sound walls along the interstate to reduce noise for the whiners that moved in next to the interstate. You can exit and drive back on the frontage road to see to the east.

At Joliet on Rt6, just east of I55 is a large plant called Eco Labs. Just across Rt6 from the plant was the track. In the early 70's they had an old 2 axle engine and some old ore cars setting there for years until evrything was scrapped about 1980.

Ken Hejl

Posted by: k.hejl@comcast.net