Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Behind Steam Power

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Behind Steam Power
From: "mthomasson@austin.rr.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:44:48 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1427391889; bh=JY8RCvsu+8CQ2RRZnf0SLJ2nPG0b7Uq3iKClF80Bov4=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=UAHLGgS+B1f0VohEYFg62RKfL9Nw8KQHSeLZheqTKSp6TpeMZ00yVTaVFwrv0g6qRWPRE/uZhw/w1kG4/XfrogT/VKaGDNpjqZkCgLF8lt+rHJ1TSXypFRN0D275J7elk3Dr4EEvLa2ZIRXIAaxR7yoKeVhv6Pzpi6TTY3RbMug=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thank you Ken. I remember seeing those in/around Dallas in the 40s and 50s I
think. The smoke box "face" is unforgettable for a small boy who loved trains
and usually saw them up close waiting to the T&P Eagle bringing my grandmother
back from Jefferson. Her father had been the T&P station agent in Marshall
until he died in 1920.

I could do with a "close to" model, but if it didn't have that characteristic
smoke box front it just wouldn't work.

Mike Thomasson
Austin
---- "Kenneth Martin kmartin537@surewest.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>