[CBQ] Texas Zephyr Behind Steam Power [1 Attachment]

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Behind Steam Power [1 Attachment]
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:32:04 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from LZadnichek@aol.com included below]

March 23, 2015

Group - To give those members who are not all that familiar with Q subsidiary FW&D and its Texas Zephyr, I've attached an image of a 550 series FW&D 4-6-2 type powering the train at Fort Worth, TX, in 1953. I can't quite make out the front number plate, but the locomotive might be No. 556, the next to the last of its Class. At the time this image was taken, steam power on the Texas Zephyr would be good for another two years between Forth Worth and Dallas, TX, before Q E-5 passenger diesels finally put the big Pacifics in the scrap line. I think that by 1955 this segment of the Texas Zephyr was the last regularly steam powered passenger train on the Q and its subsidiaries. Perhaps, the 550 series Pacific seen here was the same locomotive shown in the earlier image being picked-up by T&P and FW&D steam derricks after derailing. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL

Attachment(s) from LZadnichek@aol.com | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 Photo(s)