Re: [CBQ] K-9 Ten-Wheelers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] K-9 Ten-Wheelers
From: "'Kenneth Middleton' krmiddle@charter.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 17:13:06 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1425774018; bh=zyMvAVchBlvW3tSMNmKfpA9Q16rwYjvyJKiiFLhgz5k=; h=To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=5QYUP9Qd1zPGhTz9DVRr8QQFFnRxtTzYdGPpeaGj8wd3/+FeUmE6NvTmArVwJDAgB8D9Sxz9bmJ+r9LDIqIyCNyH6W25Da1fadIs9UfxnBwgFH6LBdceRjYyjZ8FAlmJEyRvDK9vHuP5CN3bR6nxoQ5XeSVXa3Gw92ZNnxxAZPU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hi Hol,

Great Northern did in fact have four Rhode Island 4-6-0's that went to the CB&Q as part of the sale of the O'Neill branch to the CB&Q. The late Joe Douda said in some correspondence with me that he believed these were numbered as 942-945 on the CB&Q, and that all were part of Class K-9. Great Northern records indicate that the engines that Joe believed became 942-944 were virtually identical, with engine weights of 102,800 lb. The remaining engine, which Joe believes became CB&Q 945, was slightly larger, with a weight of 105,600 lb. Joe could find no disposition for CB&Q 945, but in his correspondence indicated that 942-944 were assigned to the Omaha Division as of March 1, 1909. His records indicated that 942-944 were retired in October 1912, October 1913, and November 1913, respectively.

Don't know if this information is helpful or just adds more to the puzzle.

Best regards,

Ken Middleton
Portage, MI
krmiddle@charter.net