RE: [CBQ] Re: Photos [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Photos [1 Attachment]
From: "Tim O'Connor timboconnor@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 16:37:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1423777040; bh=hDOReLnsNF6EAj+UEXUcEP5UBm0ASkFLNak1x9Znko8=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=bY+kahMHCqwV/KPQb7XXz7MNI9Wg/fDSZ8q3byWJPaLJpotPxqjwb9H4QfvqikX+Pkay73PO8taEutW5UquY7gGqjOFXmAMdZYBVWPDek/OTOvbuyURL1l5tf4WD+t8Ti53xnwxqsSYP8+zmjVt5KTymGP/nB8aYXZ6EoH+NkZw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hol and others -- Hol thanks for your pictures! However, they are still being
included with the email messages. This is the LIST OWNER option that I mentioned.
I've attached a picture of the Group Settings page from the BBFCL mailing list
than I own (Baby Boomer Freight Car List) --

Under Email Preferences there are 5 options. I have selected

 HTML -- Include Attachments as links

This is the best general purpose option. Many people's inboxes are restricted by
how many megabytes of data they can hold. When you select this option, no matter
how many pictures you attach, their inbox is never going to overflow. Everyone is
able to choose the time and place to download the images (or PDF files, or any other
type of attachment).

The reason you got errors from some of your postings is that your ISP (not Yahoo)
probably limits how much data you can put into an email. I have Comcast and my limit
is something over 20 MB but less than 50 MB, which is sometimes not enough! (Many
editions of Model Railroad Hobbyist for example are well over 100 MB.)

Regards

Tim O'Connor

 Bill and others affected:
 Not only the C&S 800s but also the 500 series 2-8-0s did not make it to Photostream.  I just tried uploading all 14 of the images into an album, but after uploading them successfully I got an error message when attempting to post them.  Thinking maybe even this method would not work with more than 10 MB of data, I cut down the size and still got the error message.  So I'm going to send just the images as attachments, which will take several messages.  Those of you who already have them can simply hit Delete.  And in the future I will not imbed photos in my messages, as from what a good many members have said, this is actually counter-productive; I'll send them only as attachments.  I have already begun saving them as somewhat smaller files so I can get more into a single message.  Hope this helps and will work out for everybody.  Images to follow.
 Hol

View attachments on the web

Posted by: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net>