[CBQ] Re: Seasonal use of gondolas on the Q

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Seasonal use of gondolas on the Q
From: "jonathanharris@earthlink.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2015 11:35:27 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1422473729; bh=V9OPXOFAIvr6Sgt2z302vDsBJYv9J/S0bcoYKFVrrTQ=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=B/H0UQlN05VwMYQArM4y5yMFNL/n/16kPrDeQ+DxonB5txht/5aQoXj/SNqYL0BzfcHBSBeo9nh0THaB7pfvEIeJmvdteMoGt4wwdfIma6tPsmkOfkM/jWYUmA4LHWbMp9+Z0lL3SqboxmWv2ObIP/6JUZJIFW6mZibtJXWOT0s=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks for all your responses on the Q's seasonal use of its gondolas. John, Steve, Leo, and Doug, your insights on the nature of coal as a commodity, the coal industry's operations, and the Burlington's traffic patterns and infrastructure were very helpful. Thanks also Doug for your remarks on freight car use during the sugar beet harvest. Living in California for the past 40 years has no doubt skewed my perception. The SP gons I used to see in this service when I drove through the Central Valley were dedicated cars and always look pretty trashed.

Jonathan

Posted by: jonathanharris@earthlink.net