Re: [CBQ] Re: Facilities

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Facilities
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:45:30 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1416246332; bh=AljfIMePEsNseStmkIWRLDTnRLlke82qBc4nD1d98ZQ=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=wm3sWjdu5ASLSp80+1Fsr5c3PNpry9ldvbCBnji3idsMh5xioE5d1wxCMct4JZzGlpqT0P5a9R0xTPPwOzBHRIMQRgz5Y8HX2+K1NNvci7A2xmdCaF82OMLQOp6l3w2psv/me1u3sNOUWNGK7/Rtf1629xyZ15ecaSNLQxigsfA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Drying Room...this was know as a "SAND HOUSE".....which with its attendant stove for drying was a gathering place for railroaders to gather for what..shall we say..was a "bull session"...giving rise to the name  "Sandhouse Gossip"...a railroader's term for rumors.

There is a group of "Academics in the Chicago area who call themselves "The Sandhouse Gang"...a sort of self depricating  poke at the purpose of their own organization.

Pete