Re: [CBQ] Ore Cars on Non-Unit Trains

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Ore Cars on Non-Unit Trains
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 20:15:42 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1415592946; bh=qabf0NkgNEyfyxMSLXKWGzSR7+igcBANmT182T9OMVY=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Ooc8epz1Djsg6fPVdkzn6C6PSOFAGm5tSi0IQxgKlCVGkP+Wxjvz1rX6p+1WFnteJfBmvnWRD5KcqNYwmKAf3sreQN2g/B2XN0F8qa0xTnvx6G37Y1tNTH5t7/o4d77AswYNFG/kB/AuFau6J9UdDKPjZhW/XTXEmdi4LPSi45Y=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Tom
Maybe the cars were not ore.  Many of the gravel pits in the Chicago used old ore cars to move the gravel with in the pits as well as some shipped with the same cars between pits.   Both Material Service and Chicago Gravel used the cars inter-plant.   And Elmhurst Stone brought gravel in to Elmhurst via the other road we do not talk about.  Material Service and Chicago Gravel both mined along the EJ&E Main and from US 30 to the Dupage River.
Also often ore was moved in standard hoppers but the cars were only loaded for weight instead of the normal coal load of cubic feet.
Also some of the ore cars might be moving to or from car builders shops
Steve in SC