Re: [CBQ] Modeling CB&Q Ballast on the C&I

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Modeling CB&Q Ballast on the C&I
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 22:11:07 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1415592669; bh=O/VrxYvAAPA4zF4FR6CjLFzY/wYfF0MHdBnQ/d48Kb8=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=DBKIX5/pN5ljjPxjamA8syQL1VEgUfFDFrh+DNVyCDMbdSKGByJxdfK0a9901dctj1ja2hInhRqyvJz6gTacXiQkbFZfw1OwGVSkVyI4CyQMItq67kFM4gYaW3HhocbGAIZdxtLxg+qNaK9itm2bBDSa3tH9KYM4N1r8hWdIBIE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Tom,

The entire west end of Savanna yard was still cinders well into the 70s. The east end of the yard was that mix that showed up in every yard when cinders, and every commodity hauled got mixed together over the decades. It was can best be described as a fine dirt. Probably the two biggest components were engine sand and cinders mixed with coal,coke,gravel,and everything else that could fall off or spill out of car.. Which ever end of a yard that saw the bulk,of the switching turned to this fine dirt like substance.

Leo Phillipp

Sent from my iPad