[CBQ] Re: Re: Student Trips

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Re: Student Trips
From: "William Barber clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 12:33:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1400779997; bh=A64ztz3TQ3Axsj7P7Grfyw1XQChS4j03CUTbOpEJ5oU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=DsSRcwqPUfqgz4NeAzcLnpEbjAcTyUX6VRGWCcaDw+1UPqwdyh1qQOmpJS3geR1tYVdoBqnb6Z0tai1TGWgFv/OhD3SdOrm80PvLSiQPKfNb/Bd2gFo2Mm4QfxeCX4UFKF0eO2wsF6J/8eZHmj6v43CGDa832W4I1otdIvkgUqQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Pete,

I have to agree with Ken Martin's comments. The stories and characters are
still there. They are just different from those driven by earlier actions and
events. My engineer son on the UP occasionally works with one conductor who
always brings an imaginary friend along and talks to him the whole trip just as
though he were sitting there in the cab. Yes, for some it is "just a job', but
I am sure that was always true. For others, like my son, they love what they do
in spite of the long and weird hours. He just wishes that he had been able to
start earlier than he did.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO