Re: [CBQ] Pre-1900 CB&Q Chicago Divison Photographs

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Pre-1900 CB&Q Chicago Divison Photographs
From: LZadnichek@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:04:47 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1393556690; bh=jwbLtaoShj/Q3RBs4JpO44A+t6kxV2wwcnYx0tK5KYc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-VSS-INFO:X-AOL-VSS-CODE:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=vTaK5zklA2RzL9CXzknkgss+7Av2s7XhwdsFTw8m2tTH8tmVaUziEFQZjhSRhYPae9Ni3V8V+Fh9r+mp/q3Msuq6m/hHBg7vzy9oBrpOdUlz80tFtjMMz09FZ6UJqmYFQShgfW7Og139Xq5+MxIFEUeQlHoG/5BrojrO9FLfcFo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
February 27, 2014

Ken - What a WONDERFUL old image! I've never seen it before. Since it originated from Shaw's Mammoth Photographic Rooms in Chicago, the location almost has to be between Chicago and Aurora. Want a FIND! May be it's my old eyes, but it looks like the 4-4-0 is on a slight upward incline. I can only wonder if No. 53 is posed on the steep grade (incline) up from Congress Park to Lagrange that Charlie Vlk has searched for years of an image of. With all the decorations, may be, just may be, the occasion is the opening of the incline or something connected to that. I'll leave it up to Charlie to further comment. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful image. Hope other List members also have some other old Q images to share.

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL