Re: [CBQ] RE: What is the second car? [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: What is the second car? [1 Attachment]
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:11:24 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1393441887; bh=UrLBXLiiJT2IYP9GhMYvieFZD9jR6R241D7lJ9K29A0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-VSS-INFO:X-AOL-VSS-CODE:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=E8JvypIb9ZIfAlzlcmRNQ1lVPShZDUK3DhP4ot7qriGgnFRl/5uGwGV8VMh+YGejwDO1t+adbisEW4u6G8wq5zO060vX9UwZN5qAIO4XXZTmpvXaNMq/UuRV/AS9A131KqdEEZJoY1fUlcqqIAdIDUNEOJI6cXrc3IORi35zweE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Louis et al...You may have, inadvertently, mentioned a couple of "ancient" railroad customs and terms in your comments...In keeping with my wife's once upon a time comment which has been attested by others that.."EVERYTHING REMINDS YOU OF SOMETHING  I offer the following.

No. 1...."Got their rest"...in what other industry or context was that _expression_ ever used??

No. 2.  Others were  "Grilled along with bacon and eggs"...I remember one old time roadmaster saying..."I'd rather have a hamburger in the worst restaurant in town than A STEAK "ON THAT BUSINESS CAR"  "Grilled" was an accurate if, in some cases, understated description of the conversations on said business cars.

3.  "The usual hearty breakfast".....I recall early in my "career" an old Supt. saying..."You better eat every chance you get cause you  never know when you'll get another chance"...My oft repeated comment on that statement was..."Those who lived by that adage appeared to not have missed many chances.

Pete