[CBQ] RE: B&MRR Depots

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, "GENE TACEY" <taceys@gpcom.net>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: B&MRR Depots
From: "Harold Huber" <sarge9@bresnan.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:16:37 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1393003006; bh=/Q8YRMfZiD/ESUxFX5PGP/Py/Dx6GOVD37prW/ejxZo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Binding:X-CNFS-Scan:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Importance:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=oNRPsO0yvBiqfe0wQ1bogkqGvzq16ezv5PyglZqRZ/bhcmXPQuCH72BNcEkV2BEwvHdeDZnXVZbYSyCgTkJz7w/Nph/MuWlnK4/G3+IHwTtzd6+L67aQxoiccSYJpT/WUJH8c6Ax5Wt3//Y64KTH4MT6H9KaaJLnV3OCjEFMEko=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Gene, (I have included the list in this posting as other will be interested)
The Q did not list the depot types by the window arrangements they only list
as Frame, Stone, Brick, Stucco, Terra Cotta, and one and two or three story
all of these are listed as A thru M as types.  I have developed a system
that continues on with their system but adds the window type and if the
Freight Room is an addition or contained in the main building. So, with that
in mind here is my system:

Starting with CB&Q system

A - One story frame
B - Two story frame
C - One story brick
D - Two story brick
E - One story brick and stucco
F - Two story brick and stucco
G - One story stone
H - Two story stone
I - One story stone and brick
J - Two story stone and brick
K - One story stucco
L - Two story stucco
M - One story terra cotta
N - Three story brick and stone

I then start with the windows (NOTE: These are for the Salt Box/B&MRR type
depots)

1 - Without dormer
2 - With dormer
3 - With both

I then add if the windows are on the front or back

a - Front
b - Back

I then add the number of windows left to right

(1) etc

If there are both types (dormer and w/o dormer) I make those notations

If there is an attached freight room I use

+ - attached with the length
- - No attached freight room

So an example would be:  (Antioch Nebraska)

B 3 a (1) (2) (2) b (2) (2) (1) -

This meaning a 2 story frame with both dormers and non-dormers, 3 in number
the left most in the front is a non-dormer window the middle and right most
is a dormer type on the back it has 3 windows with the left most and the
middle being dormer type and the right being a non-dormer type also there is
no freight room attached it is incororated in the main building.

I know this seems complicated but that is my system.

Now with all this one can determine the number of variations my
guesstimations will lead to be very close to the 36 given by Chris earlier.
Harold

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com