Re: [CBQ] Re: Oil on the Q in World War Two

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Oil on the Q in World War Two
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:58:01 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1383271082; bh=5wCWRj6mwI4TnrIlKl7oHHPg9ETK1LQsSxUi4wvFxf4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=uxDmQxrLJeqF158mOIFr87cfR+Pw1gYKckuT+VFG52knkZkNraVUnceDuqG9776e9Hz/uA5U2PxCIDWxWV0cfkdGDqZltr79ixL9FQKWVPy6XJ2fT1THzA36OH9KeVyfg2kcS0YQyk45/WT0TgT6jIrEcAzxQftFvNH1CuVid34=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I recall some of the old head engineers talking of how difficult it was to handle tank cars of oil, because of the surging...In addition to getting the train stopped....sometimes it didn't want to "STAY STOPPED" because of the oil surging back and forth..It could literally cause the entire train to move after it was stopped.

Pete