Re: [CBQ] Re: Suburban service west

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Suburban service west
From: Leo <qutlx1@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:02:20 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1379691228; bh=vc6FESQFPmDL7RMCE/c9SSRfjKKc/lOLdqbRHNbQX74=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-Yahoo-Marked-Not-Spam:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=IOKLOUnEOh8iEYcdR4qY1z+eTemfyqwXgIBGf83eCa31faHSn2yLd/gnYA/r4E9bV7bCkIWGwxIFpL+90P5it1fOIT5or+bBLQPBLPRWIFaTBAFYiC1gJaENOjjDINeLRvoZadzhGurA610fc5RnN9hx8nXFhHqtCG12Ujcy3XU=
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1379691227; bh=P6b8MaQSCqOJHBE8Bi7cFnnKMu0YrlG0VzUoDRNFTXw=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:Content-Type:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:Date:To:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Mime-Version:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-Yahoo-Marked-Not-Spam:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=NjQyeWaG6+11CW+MAtSQeyC/wTUfTOHJOrJNztqgzEnoQ763oHykB+iuLlJxPHGTTlKKAly4wjRVbkoFblffz1t/qOl7hJlsy1kfRJBQMTu75VymjzddMEl7cdAS9R9f3sYxIzOQDU25F+jP6ZqMoH3hwl6K6FMUEi34C9EVt8A=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Let me see if I can clear up some cloudiness here.

 If my memory is correct(I was riding the dinkies at the time) the "Aurora Transportation center opened in 1989. There were two tracks west of the former back shop/air brake shop turned station that were platform trks. But this was definitely not in the 1970s. I worked the Aurora switch job in 1974 and pushed dinkies up the incline to the Aurora Depot on So Broadway via the mains. The trks I think you are referring to we're long round around trks in the Hill yard. One i distinctly recall being called the "long trk" . I worked the dinkies on and off from 1974 to 1979.

Believe me as I lived in Aurora from 1952-1988, worked on the BN in the 70s and have researched Aurora history for many years. See future BRHS Bulletins,including # 50 coming soon.
Prior to the elevation in the late teens the two mains were at street level but the Aurora depot was at New York st and moved to south broadway as part  of the elevation project.

Steve and Glen have it right, in order to go west the incline needs to go back in. Rest assured westward expansion is coming as more money was just appropriated to do engineering studies to Yorkville and Plano in Kendall county which is not part of the Metra/RTA Taxing district. That alone will be a major hurdle until Kendall becomes more suburban in nature. The farmers aren't going to vote for a tax to go to Chicago.

Leo Phillipp

Sent from my iPad