Re: [CBQ] Detector Car Identification

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Detector Car Identification
From: "Kenneth Middleton" <krmiddle@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 15:13:28 -0400
Cc: <pwaldorf@selectnets.com>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1379186012; bh=ZtK/L2BfUgWIfqBk5Tbx03ZNZjX6jtPx9mP001V/Fi8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:Message-ID:To:Cc:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Zr4JmGiOcKnOioQjJYnCQ1fIrZpPrmLbNX6W4nBH+WP0Hxwfrmc0aCrA6JQ4I/9UjdVXMWxJ6nS3Q/m4Iafq+ttJWsKr9FxwrhRHD2gcKWuFqweVi665b3MBN3PYM2uSSjpQ5lETIq5V0ekUN/SoytyEMOMd53uOWj0y9QrFgI0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

To me this looks a lot like AAR X-202, a rail detector tow car. There is a photo of that car on page 50 of Burlington Bulletin No. 39, but I believe the photo in the Burlington Bulletin was taken towards the back of the car (with Rail Detector Car X-201 in the foreground). The photo in the Burlington Bulletin was taken on the Burlington in 1941, and is credited to the Corbin/Wagner Collection.

Best regards,

Ken Middleton
Portage, MI
krmiddle@charter.net