Re: [CBQ] St Joe Zephyr?

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] St Joe Zephyr?
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 20:15:48 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1377918950; bh=nJbSXcdIYbZQoDKYdvsy2krtTmQ5XyfN6iJwz25V5po=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=2WgOjQZnKCKIBxo/XLWg9NM/4hGe+qJGO+uSEZ3Wvw/X2pYPfXoprve0B4dWdpsajCZZTUKnnzs70qQQEnoX4Mr7vpU0nAo+gwi4TxdItAivDG4BH3n6IR4Nco0O3czveRuIrRCchYZric+dQwbR5CPd/BDtw/jpHmWKkLevtZM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

While working the Ottumwa Desk in Galesburg you also ran the Kansas City to St. Joe which the CTC was in the Operators office at St. Joe and he worked under your direction.  When ever it rained you had to get the track inspector out due to flooding.  So one day it rained so we called the track inspector out and he said it had not rained down on track level so did not have to go out.  It had rained up on top of the bluff and ran down to track level and washed out a bridge two units and around 75 cars went into the creek.  When the engineer woke up he was in the middle of water swirling around him and freaked out over the radio which the Op at St. Joe did not have I had it in Cicero. We got the hogger out ok and when the line was put back in they added a high water detector to the creek bridge.
So Pete I would say the bluff, road and trackage may have changed over the years.
After about 5 years on the Ottumwa Desk the old head from Hannibal retired off the Main Line Desk job I had owned in Cicero so I got it back.  So the chief let the Lincoln Chief have both the Kansas City to St. Joe and also west of Creston to P Jct and our office got no trackage in return.  Then we got moved to Ft Worth
Steve in SC
retired and loving it  Only miss the people I use to work with