RE: [CBQ] Burlington, South Chicago Terminal RR CO.?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Burlington, South Chicago Terminal RR CO.?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:22:05 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1374589329; bh=lmnmC14HO7LvUlipbc+MsQFAA4tvuKiXPwf0a9ap/0I=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=CC9ntwvHk9IdmkXbWvgm4NR8Q/FOEzLvE5VHl5wrRm0g0vzVcOf62BSLJTQDAxsE1frrGnDajOkBLpdrTJSuJNebyZyUjZZzR019savPzOx/IPSK2PRvpjT41leDfDx60NjFU/MXqb0f81Dki7iMaa+aQjqqDU8KMtP0XevGerE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rupert-

Somewhere in my packed “stuff” I have a drawing of the property.  I don’t recall any structures or engine facilities.

We’re finally moving into our new house a week from today, so soon I’ll be able to start pulling up information!!

Great find!

Charlie Vlk

For example, I found this piece from Railway Age Gazette 1917 volume 62 page 337

Burlington, South Chicago Terminal Railroad.—As noted in the Railway Age Gazette of February 16, this company has been incorporated with a capital of $1,500,000 to build a belt line from One Hundredth street, Chicago, 111., 10 miles south-west. The road will serve a 25-acre tract of land recently acquired by the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy, with a frontage on the west bank of the Calumet river, extending from One Hundredth street to One Hundred and Sixth street, a distance of about three-quarters of a mile. This property is already well developed for shipping with track and dock facilities, including a six-stall roundhouse and a large warehouse. The land is said to be valued at about $1,500,000, and is situated in a territory which is becoming an important grain-handling center. The Chicago & North Western is now erecting a large grain elevator on the river at One Hundred and Twentieth street at a cost of about $2,500,000, and the Burlington will ultimately erect a grain elevator on its property. The incorporators of the railroad are all officers of the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy, viz.: Hale Holden, president; Edward M. Shelton, assistant to the general counsel; H. E. Byram, vice-president; C. G. Burnham, vice-president in charge of traffic, and Elmer A. Howard, vice-president in charge of the land and industrial department.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ