[CBQ] Re: Observation Cars on TCZ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Observation Cars on TCZ
From: "domelinerdude" <domelinerdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 02:47:25 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1365821248; bh=O9QLn6rfm8bZ1hff1i7C/kQVGWB7L7Mk83QnUUgNM/o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=lLL6nDe8FRsPYOz0IA8k54VU09t6FdNLuQP8VVH+wTPjMb9Znxmi115zUJO+P9nh4vvTjNRD8Iud1nkiijm9+rV6h0u0zTCarw8sPZPBL5Fe7xEMi3Lmfe9fX8cZeHVTfaP2I7fAPttYrj5WKzhhp61okuCHb8ASSgpp3D8YSy0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
If substituting cars works for you, that's great, it's for your enjoyment.

I am back from my business trip and I located the image of the CZ car in the
TCZ.

For you and other interested Zephyr passenger train enthusiasts, if you own the
Green Frog DVD or Video "Chicago Odyssey", please advance the movie to the
section in the film labeled "April 64" on the screen frame, described as being
at Congress Park. The narration describes "Train 21, the Morning Zephyr" as it
approaches the camera.

The car directly behind the baggage car is a CZ Vista Dome Buffet Observation
operating backwards with a Vista Dome Chair Coach coupled behind it.  The Vista
Dome CZ Observation is in fact the "Silver Lookout". It is easily identified by
the flat stainless sand fill hatch cover near the vestibule boarding indicator.
 Only the the 1953 Budd built cars had (i.e. KCZ, ARZ, BH, CZ spares.)these
sand fill hatches.

So we know it happened once!  The next question is, did the car bring up the
rear on the way back from the Twin Cities with the Vista Dome Parlor Obs on the
head end?

Happy Modeling!

Hubert

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com