[CBQ] Re: Modern Locomotive Roster and Numbering system

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Modern Locomotive Roster and Numbering system
From: "ldd1117" <slyone@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 00:06:05 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1362960367; bh=S5jgbrTQzeJtrbDF8uFGOF3hwZmiiNpe/MHxILDvYuE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=t61ZbniaZRw/zxXaR+5dXM5xHGxFVUP1oarCbaoGeC4wqb+RZMbNTlpMsnujFD6WSAp4Cj9vTQqseVk3l/YaHKtlzZ+4LuGpa36+UWbAWwmz6AffL0OVrwEuqmIql3EvGRSPokecugW/BILEXRPWuDteDqk1sQvn8RUgOPSI43c=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
<snip>

> I am using the Chinese Red on all of my low nose units and maybe the SD75
> series units, but all GE wide body units will be in the Blackbird scheme
> similar to Intermountain's version. the black looks so well on the wide
> bodies.

Dwight, I hope you don't mind a suggestion on the blackbird scheme as its
applied to wide body cabs. I'd like to recommend taking the Intermountain
scheme and making it a little bit more correct (I can see Charlie V grimacing
already!!  LOL)  They left the entire cab black, I suggest taking the gray and
the yellow/red striping around the cab. This is the way the real blackbirds
were painted. A dozen years ago when the Rail Power SD90MAC was a new release I
did a Q blackbird with one. For those that consider this subject blasphemy,
follow the links at your own risk  :) , but here are a couple of (not very
good) images of my take on the Q in the present day.

Lyle

p.s.  Charlie V has seen this in person and he didn't fall over dead, so they
can't be that sacrilegious  <chuckle>

<http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/l_dowell/miscellaneous/03040016_zpsdbf7d5b9.jpg>

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/l_dowell/miscellaneous/sd90_debut_zpsb7e8ae56.jpg

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com