[CBQ] Re: Modern Locomotive Roster and Numbering system

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Modern Locomotive Roster and Numbering system
From: "Dwight" <dwght_anderson@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 20:38:49 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1362861531; bh=diABLErq8/qoWLth8yvh54BWFCuQ+MU/dvn+0WVmC+g=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YF4AD9RkNjYbe9PIharOzgRPZESjuGLbWe1tKilXp+DANbL92KELt1h/Zwoc/aQzQySKlweV6JdcwCZYFcqgnqkVk2nfCQtyT/MF1kmlP9GoPHq/DrkgTnLbFTwSlOA5pZD0SRaLpVIdJGToBF6vOV3hUomtg9WPhsxYMuHUL10=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill,

I have not started on renumbering my Intermountain ES44AC's yet, I am having a
hard time trying to get the printed lettering off the unit without damaging the
paint or handrails. I see now that I probably have too many GP7, SD7/9 and GP30
units that I bought a few years ago that are all Proto 2000. I am now
purchasing undecorated GE C44-9W's, AC4400, 8-40B, EMD SD40-2, SD45-2, SD75M,
SD75I, SD60, SD50 (reclassed as SD40E)GP60, GP40-2, GP38-2, MP15, SW1500,
SW1000 and I guess now I need to be looking for GP15-1's. I wanted to convert
some of the GP7's into GP10's and may still do so. I am unsure of keeping any
GP7's around since they probably would be out of service by now. I was planning
on using the GP30/35's as upgraded units, maybe GP30-3 and GP35-3.

I really had no idea how to number these newer motors for my modern CB&Q but
Tom has really helped me with that issue now. My version of the "Q" still runs
passenger trains and I am using the E9 units. I have a bunch of FP45's that I
plan on painting silver and hope they will turn out as neat as the E9 units. I
was also planning on using some F40's and the GE 8-32BWH. I plan on using Tom's
scheme to get my motors in the right number sequence and then adding the other
units in as I can.

I am using the Chinese Red on all of my low nose units and maybe the SD75
series units, but all GE wide body units will be in the Blackbird scheme
similar to Intermountain's version. the black looks so well on the wide bodies.

Let me know if you have an effective way of removing factory applied lettering
without damaging the unit. So far I have not been able to do it.

What do you think about freigh car paint scheme's? I am debating on painting my
freight cars in Chinese Red or sticking with box car brown as most cars come
from the manufacturer now?

Dwight

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com