[CBQ] Attachments [1 Attachment]

To: "CBQ " <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Attachments [1 Attachment]
From: "Douglas Harding" <doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 13:07:01 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1360264045; bh=2gTrJwf3p3JpH5YlrGi4DM674JktZ3lsYerkTaWObX4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Content-Language:Thread-Index:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=IgJief5WYYl7VD6QZZ/w8gYdrTyEhTs+rcyn62OU0ByFRCXRUWX13k2TMe1FZ8VgJzL/QKMFgoEj2tqxYhVNXmCJ2nzQQF96flXiPMdgs1pLGjHxMC3PeBM9wbWqtyCpo8KcN4jbRO1vu4LjC3c6BOJBTiblPdhJpzrJpufsvdM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Douglas Harding included below]

The CBQ Yahoo list is set to allow attachments to messages. Not every Yahoo list allows attachments so it may not work on other lists, and the delivery of attachments is determined by the group owner. Attachments is an option allowed by Yahoo. In addition Yahoo gives each group 100GB of space on the website to contain attachments, and it is to this attachment directory where are sent when you click on an attachment, ie a photo, in a Yahoo group message. This may be different pending on the setting selected by the group owner, but it’s how it works with the CBQ group.

To attach a file or photo, you can only do it using an email provider. It cannot be done from the Yahoo Groups web site.

Attachments may also depend upon your email program. I use Outlook 2010 for email, so when I compose a message to the list, I click on the “attach file” (paperclip log) then select the file (document or photo) I wish to attach, click on that file and it is attached. For example attached is a photo of the Batavia IA photo I just found yesterday.

If you are reading the group messages on line, ie at the Yahoo website, and post your messages from there, there is no way to do an attachment.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Attachment(s) from Douglas Harding

1 of 1 Photo(s)