Re: [CBQ] Re: Gas Electri cars(pre diesel)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Gas Electri cars(pre diesel)
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 23:14:59 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1360037701; bh=NWlbI6zMVI6F1jtYfgGMec8s6aqo0HifpUhI6jgACjE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=DoHoH1lIEADgnMuG+bAcr1QxkabcGji+hJaF3s/Cqi8XGSzJ83atjJZDE3aELBIB7D1td8JThuivceSrUi/YWkOW4OpT6KjTADhIbOoUmgMzPED4vV5TYRgPyIdC0PWf1Psx4pmED7pkwED/l60SUfUuxKzm/OQFcT6kwDfHfQs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Richard...I noticed in some publications that the 9769 was double ended and I don't know if it was when I worked it or not...I just know that our engineer never ran it from the rear end..We always backed up from Clay Center to Sutton.

The car later went to the Southern Iowa railroad at Centerville, IA and, apparently scrapped from there.

I remember Carl F. saying that the load limit for the 69 was 5 cars or 238 tons...We often had more than that...On one of my last trips out there on that job we overheated a traction motor.  We were at the west end of the siding at Sutton ready to go to Hastings...Someone got the idea to pour wanter on it...I remember wanting to impress those guys with my willingness to "do anything" and I crawled under the front truck and they were handing me jars of water and I was pouring it on the traction motor.

We did get back to Hastings, but I heard that the machine had to go to Lincoln for "repairs"...I had heard that that was not the first time....

Farnburch said..."well sometimes when we have more tonnage or cars than we are supposed to handle we call the DS and he just says..."well, take what you can"...Not much help and "what you can was someti;mes too much"

Pete