Re: [CBQ] Official Correspondence

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Official Correspondence
From: William Jackson <macon249@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:33:07 -0500
Cc: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359250494; bh=6ym+Dt/vYL1pTpJF0xSlmgUHvTc9/hpoi7+oJ5EGkW4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Received:References:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:Cc:X-Mailer:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=BXvszKI74I83Gexe2Gk+w+pGBHOs3Hd21U+WsGP53qyazoDmMfyLzUBfSiLEQ4T5dUhJNkrPxLvy/wHzUPSrximKVssWS3pWOLXD1ekRU9XCMIXcQugxJYmDvDHNksVn4guAdsK2pprOknSBXz4oiBdSEKLt7aYceIslKfuyu6M=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I am somewhat similar, in that I wish I had sat down with my grandfather. I know he started for SLSF prior to 1926, I have a photo of him on a Steam Engine. He was born in 1890. He worked until he was 78. As the story goes, our family migrated West out of St Louis, my grandfather's father hauled supplies for the railroad with a wagon. His brother cut grade for the railroad with a team of mules. My grandfather was a Boilermaker, and was sent on line to fix steam engines, between Monett and Newburg, Mo. Grandpa took me up in 1970, and said "I want this boy to have a job" they said "Ok" Fast to the BN merger, I have long forgot some of the stories, but I have heard many of the names you talk of. I worked until 1998, then jumped ship, and went to KCS.
William Jackson

Sent from my iPad