[CBQ] Re: Railroad nicknames

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Railroad nicknames
From: "dr strangelove" <kaiserwillieii0815@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:31:35 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1358422309; bh=RfRwqaOqM5wsJzkSnlhraIrodoR8FOC5yNDMMcqzKpo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=yC0tRkVHLZZqfYp4uiUnfd6mV+Z/N3WXEzVigMWCRt56h+K6m8Y7g2btBAtTRY7UoeevShf+FnfzYToga3rUEm46gZDo+kcsNMiRCcoVEr0EV9sZIUXP1ztOdP2muDVxR1Ux9Yuu0cernsU1u71zPcgyN2wfNTFTUjaNcwJo2XA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Jpslhedgpeth@... wrote:

> A few year ago  "Click" and "Clack" the "Tappet Brothers" on "Car TAlk" on
> NPR...two of the funniest guys I've ever llistened to conducted an ongoing
> campaign to solict "Vowels to be imported to Bosnia"...They carried that
> campaign on for quite some time and I almost had to stop the car a few times
> I was laughing so hard.

     I kind of remember the Vowels for Bosnia thing. The "Tappet Brothers" were
also broadcast on the Armed Forces Network. I was knee deep in mud and butt
deep in snow and did patrols or passed through  places like
Br&#269;ko,Biha&#263;, and Zvornik.
     Mountainous country with isolated pockets of people for generations and
generations. When I got back to Western Europe,I could pick out a (former) Yugo
a mile away.
     When I thought back to the old coal town of Sesser, I went through list of
people I had known with that ancestry. Pete and Emil who used to sell clothes
there, My old High School Principal, and one of my best friends in High School.
IF they were all strangers I would have been able to pick them out in a crowd
as being from that region.
     I also learned that you could sometimes pick out who was a Serb and who
was a Croat, by the names. The endings with ich, ik, vic,ich,vich,ov, a,and o.
Even if the people had lived this side of a border for hundreds of years, if
they had a name from that side of the border, they were considered one of them.
Bosnians were even a different ballgame.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com