Re: [CBQ] Railroad nicknames

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Railroad nicknames
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 08:36:11 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1358366978; bh=f8h0113y1AtPNTsiLRlzpaU5Sh2HmJQrLKJ8nIrVtYA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=R10UeCfHDEqEw8kIRcj2nRIaSbjf/TvZ3bXxmmdZsJjabWgoElp5NUOrz2xTo8SwT7VAeHRJcMk2rK6wOFAg4pi0S5ddvWGYcbgBkyt0dFxwdqyjN7F1Lc+sNFY1oY6OIH+YpdKIq6e3NqrS3U/xJKVclqCzGeBhsPpmcshNLxU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Here in coal country, we had all of the Eastern European names. The Czechs all had names that needed letters and the Poles all had letters in their names that they didn't need! It was always fun on the first day of school to hear a new out of town teacher try to call roll. We were the only Irish family in town so everybody could pronounce our name.
John