[CBQ] Oregon Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Oregon Question
From: herrick@krausonline.com
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 00:38:59 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1355963943; bh=APC16oxOyhWh/Wfy4UWIdkQKJxUcleGL7NT7K/qiKr0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=yPPjHULj6dNIrmBetOjXMzb+jshzp9DBSc8ltQxXJY1ZwQojvpl1JmzrDe4q68EtVXyVwTQ/apA6pFobjeimjeYj6edaeIq/58uKNp0uM1TbtHpPuju/gjeZFWxJhVaEBN6lTBXw2GIqv9Z3sx1HFFRafE+Y5b7ynDIJceARrG8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Group,

I'm going to launch a two or three-part question about rail operations in
Oregon on the C&I back in the 50s and 60s based on conversations I had years
ago with John Schmid and Rip Repetto. So here's part one with a bit of
background.

While John said any of the freights could set or pick up, RR said that set outs
and pick ups were handled mostly by #83 and PU. 83 would set out and pick up at
Rochelle and Oregon, while the Oregon Turn worked every town west of Eola
except Rochelle. He said the Oregon Turn sometimes would set out cars at
Rochelle picked up along the way rather than drag them to Oregon and then back
to Eola--83 picked up the westbounds at Rochelle and PU picked up the
eastbounds.

So here's the first question: if 83 and PU set out and picked up at Oregon and
the local Oregon job worked the City Track, Mt. Morris and National Silica,
what did the Oregon Turn do at Oregon besides haul mail cars from Kable to Eola?

Rather than muddle up the message with too many questions, I'll hold the others
for the moment.

Thanks!

Bob Herrick

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com