Fwd: [CBQ] Re: Boyer speed recorders

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Re: Boyer speed recorders
From: "Karl" <qrailroadman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:58:18 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1353859101; bh=bnfiztuxzBz0CAbkrRW+CUuWKDmJZWAzEqyAbF+qS68=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=q927OmkFIqvzPBcfzg7jmLh+K/tsNyRY5549Z5luG2O1KwyitIhj3UdFkAsmOn4lD7rnEgVkewXQI/mln1HdRDkcIbXOqX55O2mM/R0oxswmoV2ggUf/qNfsdjDu7xoqcsnSYAcFwrX4CyJAbGJrQcKUcdX1zxzAopdWIO1be+4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Technology has the capability of VASTLY improving operations. CONVERSLY,
technology has the capability of DEmoralizing those required to work in a
technological environment.  The "people" factor is often relegated to the "oh
yeah, I guess we do need SOME people" state.  Since employees have recognized
their diminished role in operations there is a tendency for them to diminish
their contributions to the operation.  A HEALTHY balance is what's needed but,
so far, that balance point has seemingly not been found.

LARS, BN's attempt to "pre-register" a locomotive at the "engine hospital"
seemed like a valuable tool whereby a unit needing scheduled service, or a unit
needing IMMEDIATE treatment, had its "bed" waiting for it upon its arrival.
GOOD system.  GREAT idea.  There was NO perceived threat to employees.
Technology, as it's practiced nowadays, however, presents a palpable threat to
employees and, in so doing, has the ability to promote uneasiness in the
workforce, an emotion certainly NOT desired in the workplace.  Blah, blah, blah
!!!

Karl

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com