[CBQ] Re: Dispo of CB&Q Silver Orchid

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Dispo of CB&Q Silver Orchid
From: "ibew.701@att.net" <IBEW.701@att.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 00:31:58 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1353544319; bh=VP+XmiRyux+BWqNJpofaps/SDNBYZudy6o3YCdKm2x0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=O5CXsOnf/J2HmBxiMVRM0e+R1d0RhsOSv5A3vBcJBeFIGD8JVLltkv1xR2nqGEvU/Njjbvzv5DNFT0n09UrPuBGu3NEsWMurX3SGAQKXULN396Gkgq6IwZCH66KX5pKLr0/iYe2MEErKcnt262snN+Rwny+17wX2PisTqgP48XQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I don't really know which cars are CB&Q in Charles City except for the Silver
View, which is the car I am in charge of restoring and getting it Amtrak
approved.  I was there this last weekend to get it ready for the winter.  I can
tell everyone that the Silver View is still in the demolition stages on the
lower level under the dome.  Work is progressing slowly, but steady.  We found
out a month and half ago that all of the glass panels, except for two, in the
dome are in great shape and can be saved.  This was a great cost savings for us
and we are very excited that those saved dollars can be used for something
else.  This next spring we are expecting to accomplish demolition of the lower
level, removing all of the old electrical wiring from the car, resetting the
seating in the dome, so all seats face forward, and re-installing the original,
but restored dome ceiling lighting.  We are also going to start cleaning and
acid washing the exterior stainless steel body.  If we can accomplish all of
this next year, the Silver View will have great start to riding the rails again.

Anyone interested in viewing the progress of the Silver View can do so at the
following website, www.tczsilverview.wordpress.com

Enjoy, Jim Williams

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com