Re: [CBQ] Re: Commuter push-pull & E Unit Performance

To: "CBQ yahoo" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Commuter push-pull & E Unit Performance
From: dhartman@mchsi.com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:54:45 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1352937242; bh=QJTv4PMbtplSWMw1DFL6dI7Y1FchUUJ8g4+5K/0EDaE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-rim-org-msg-ref-id:Message-ID:X-Priority:References:In-Reply-To:Sensitivity:Importance:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=CM8uhwd7FPY+3VO7UuWAwHqPCNZHB7GiSokSR51LpCanpaQeA4Sp12Wu7PcM1bXi/eB+Jkv0OeF68P0+5ibnqGJfApJFMZa4fv5sXWEpEz08NSxbUmctikTKepwKxVQukPV82rF32ANr4IJzrs3zC7For6sz1d2u8duYTAnwIhQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

And how do blended brakes work eastbound, regarding stopping with sack bunched so you get a nice smooth start? We always let the engine (E9) push as we initially braked.

Of course, there were a few who did things opposite. Old head Ken H used to drive me crazy eastbound by shutting off the throttle first, then applying air. Result: stretched out banging slack coffee-spilling starts whacking you in the back. And, of course, same style westbound. Result: knock-them-off-their-feet jerking slack starts. I always wondered how he kept getting away with it with Road Foremen / Passenger Dept complaints.