[CBQ] Re: E5 details

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: E5 details
From: "hvyweight41" <hvyweight41@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:36:42 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1346449005; bh=A22Ss/6xuzdOpgQ2kWk03FXH9tB/z+2Jo3sSv0dKP/k=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Ppqw60XHncNeBQK56yJtW9VBX0/iEoG2ZY6dX3pJlCpdUDzz6J1Xup9vDEnNejUfRajM9sayYbzRHSNhw/da7zFCz0oHZUhfyxhLWYTCDBH9IrLlUP2EV3tccANJAw7e
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie-

Thanks for your info. I am going to give a go at using a product called "Bare
Metal". I've bought Chrome and Ultra Chrome versions and will compare them
before applying them to the prepped shells. The manufacturer tells me the
material will take decals. They promote it for doing detail work on model cars
and planes and such but I'm not sure anyone has tried covering an entire shell.
If anyone has experience with this stuff please chime in. Fortunately, this
product is removable and I won't ruin the shell. I'll let the group know how it
goes and post some pics when I'm done.

On the subject of phases, are you telling me that Joe's shell (based on Life
Like E6) is Phase II, not as delivered. I want to model the Texas Zephyr's E5s
in summer 1940 to 1942 timeframe. Do I need to change something to get the
right version? Black striped or red stripes? I'm just developing my CBQ
reference library and haven't distilled the nuances of E5 configurations.

Thanks,
Keith

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com