RE: [CBQ] Re: USRA 0-6-0

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: USRA 0-6-0
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:05:52 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1346349959; bh=VOEVdYFZc3UN4nELUygeKcnxZqjW8YTMiDaRkmY2OFQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=VgKa2V/ciUf0qG3NvJihTy46wAub9XwjMXUqVByNcSL0PTCnQjC2zS02TMaoKrrKWsRXaBblBFz13GJRYkwxNHBoJZlbv4noCyPwV/GTBMwKIz0Ly/0uX4Yx7dLrXV48
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bob-

The 500-509 seem to have been delivered with the original full coal bunker USRA short tender.   The coal bunkers on some of the engines were cut and moved inward retaining the partially curved top contour; on others and/or later  square sheet versions were used.   I don’t have too many photos of the originals….some of the later engines had clear vision coal bunkers that extend past the top of the cab and, in contrast, some have very low tenders with fairly short clear vision bunkers.

The NWSW view may show a C&NW tender; they had similar ones (not sure if they had the braces along the sides).

Charlie Vlk