Re: [CBQ] Re: Wheel

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Wheel
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:22:56 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1343704978; bh=sIMPNRJDYwdSDtUhm6zpNvTM0aj9k+ElbwPru976Buo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=h30qwqTTZLjiZUvfPjdOGHTD49frmlxqGddvhqVIF2PdFmC9HGP1cjLnpoqTJ+P/C4zZ51lgeVpSE043EBMw4l/sPs9T9kNJVK1V6lvROth/dem2JILlAZy6qX407hrb
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Steve
You are exactly right. While I am just a few years too young to remember belt driven threshing machines, I do go to the American Threshermen's show at Pinkneyville,Illinois every year for the last 43 years and I saw plenty of belt driven machines on our farm and neighboring farms like silage blowers, corn shellers, hammer mills, saw mills, punch and tie balers and many more. They never used a center rimmed belt pulley because it would break the cords in the flat belt and ruin them. We never had tractors on steel but our neighbors did and the front wheels looked exactly like the wheel in question.
John