[CBQ] running for water

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] running for water
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:02:44 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336874572; bh=YSg/GvoXgVpUCClfOZX00vGn+LEYHbWaCrRq0Tfp+Oc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=YUiEFt3I72mbH/FCniGonEgvxwwL4JaRf1ThQ4TjEJc/MpRzw1PMrc3Ssb/HEO1pJmX8sp3uHhwNAFA9rpNhpVz+u+T7/ioqcEb97oi/YX+aIuw6W/A3R/sC2Ihsgj2U
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Steve,

You are correct about needing water in a diesel. One trip eastbound in the C&I pool the warning bells in the lead unit started ringing so we stopped between the switches at Carter. The units cooling system was almost dry. We cut the power off the train and ran to Oregon depot and pulled the hose out of depot, filing the cooling system,after which we returned to the train and continued east.

I turned in a timeslip for the miles Carter to Oregon and return under the schedule rule "running for water" and it was turned down by the timekeepers office, stating that if legitimate, the Condr would have turned in the timeslip. I dutifully quoted page,chapter and verse out of the schedule and the fact that Condr and rear man stayed at Carter on the waycar. A couple pay periods later I received the overdue mileage. This may have been the start of my interest in being a local chairman.

Leo Phillipp